The Nifty Place
A Healthy Body Holds a Healthy Soul & Mind !
Fresh & Organic
We have made sure that the natural produce that we use for treatment is fresh and natural.
Join us, subscribe to our newsletters and be benefited with a lot of beauty tips.
24/7 Health Tips
We have a long list of health tips that you can always make use of.
Experience Nature’s Gifts with Goodness
One place to experience the overwhelming beauty of health and peace.
In this fast-moving world, where we hardly have time to take care of ourselves, it is important that we come to places like Nifty Place. They rejuvenate us and help us gain the lost energy.
Just as technology and the manufacturing process associated with new and improved vehicles continues to advance, so do the safety features being offered along with the newest cars on the market. While ensuring that you or family members are fully trained on safe driving procedures by taking drivers ed Colorado Springs classes, safety features offered in newer cars, makes driving just that much more safe. If you need a new car, and you hope that you can maximize your safety and that of your family while you’re on the road, then taking a look at the following list of the most impressive safety features offered in new cars should be among your top priorities right now:
- When ABS came out, a lot of people were thrilled with the new breakthroughs in braking technology that manufacturers have achieved. Today we have yet another such breakthrough, and it’s called AEB, or Autonomous Emergency Braking. Basically, if the driver’s mind wanders for a while, and it looks as though they will lose control of the vehicle, this smart feature will hit the brakes in their place, and possibly even save their life by minimizing the impact.
- Lane assist is not that new, but it’s still new enough that not a lot of manufacturers have it as of yet. The idea behind it is the car’s intelligent ability to keep you from drifting off your lane by gently nudging the steering wheel in the right direction. This feature can be a very useful one for tired truckers who might end up not being able to stay in full control of their vehicles after hours of continuous driving.
- Ever wanted a feature that would help you ace your driving exam? Reverse park assist is one such feature, although chances are you won’t be allowed to use it while coached or tested by an actual driving instructor. The feature is designed to help drivers park their cars more easily and safely, and to prevent any mishaps that could end by having to involve your insurer.
- Adaptive headlights are based on a simple but extremely practical concept. Basically, newer cars have the ability to follow your steering wheel responses and adjust the way your headlights are pointing accordingly. The result will be that, when you go into a turn you no longer have to do so blindly, and you might even spot an obstacle soon enough to avoid a collision in dire circumstances.
- Blind spot detection features are now available for the newest version of Audi, Volvo and Hyundai’s best vehicles. While no amount of head turning and adjusting your seat might improve the visibility you have of your blind spot, this feature will do the trick by using a smart sensor that will detect any vehicles or obstacles found in your blind spot and warn you to stop, in order to avoid a collision.
As the focus on safety and the prevention of car accidents continues to grow, car manufacturers continue to find new and improved ways to ensure better safety with their newest vehicles. The safety features presented above are just the tip of the iceberg when considering how impressive some of the leaps have been in the recent technological advancement associated with new cars. Just like, compared to the cars of the 1990s and 2000s, the vehicles built today are far superior and more secure, so will the safety and efficiency of the cars built during the next decade grow – or perhaps even more.
If you live in the Mile-High City and you are currently in search of a great chiropractor, Denver is the place where you will certainly find what you are looking for – the city has been a center for medical research and medical services for a long time and it is home to some of the best chiropractor practices in the nation. However, determining whether a specialist is indeed as good as he or she claims without being treated by that person is very difficult, that’s why we would like to help you search strategically.
Hearing about the personal experiences that the people around you have had with one specialist or the other is a great method. Bring up the topic whenever you meet friends or family – you will be surprised how common joint and muscle problems are and how many of the people you know can help you with recommendations.
Most chiropractors today have websites, so you can find many specialists by simply entering a query into your internet browser. Take your time to check out those websites as well as the independent reviews posted on other websites and the discussions available on forums – they reveal a lot about the expertise, the experience and the personality of the chiropractors in the city.
Call the chiropractors that you find suitable based on your research and talk to them for a few minutes. Try to figure out not only whether you will be comfortable being treated by the specialist you are talking to, but try to find out about the specialist’s qualifications, their experience and about the methods they use.
Things that Tell You to Move On
There are numerous chiropractor Denver practitioners, but any profession has specialists who are not the very best – here is how you can identify them:
- Miraculous claims about unique, innovative methods – if the person you are talking to claims that the brand-new method he or she uses guarantees success, you should probably continue looking;
- Requests for advanced payments – beware of medical service providers who ask you to pay a substantial sum in advance, decent, honest and really great practitioners never do that;
- Lengthy treatment – chiropractic treatment is very efficient and in most cases, results are achieved in a few weeks. If the practitioner you are talking to recommends you a treatment solution that requires you to visit him or her for six months or longer, you should have doubts about the efficiency of the proposed solution.
Besides these aspects, a very important to bear in mind when choosing your chiropractor is your comfort. You should feel comfortable in the specialist’s office, you need a health care provider who can ease the stress and fear of having to undergo the treatment.
The perfect chiropractor Denver has to offer you is out there, all you need to do is to perform strategic research and to listen to the facts as well as to your instinct when choosing your specialist – it might not seem easy, but it is worth it.
The need for dental X-rays is often underrated. While dentists know just how important it can be to have them done occasionally, even if you’re not planning any major surgeries or operations, most people tend to disregard them as only an occasional necessity. Dental X-rays, however, can help you in detecting problems that are not immediately visible with a basic oral exam or diseases that are extremely hard to detect through normal means.
What Do X-Rays Do and How Do They Help?
As with regular X-rays, dental X-rays are used to get under your normal tissue and take a look at the interior of your body – in this case, the specific area of your mouth, jaw and teeth. The X-rays are designed to help dentists detect and identify any potential abnormalities, as well as formulate their plan of action for tackling them.
Oftentimes, dentists will have you get X-rays done to determine the exact position of a cavity, identify hidden problems that are found beneath the gums or the enamel, locate damage that is concealed from their instruments during a regular dental check-up, or examine the results of a recent operation and watch for any abnormalities that might have formed.
Dental X-rays can be extremely invaluable when that growing teeth – including wisdom teeth and baby teeth – might be forming abnormally. Also, watching for tooth decay, revealing tumors, finding changes in bone structure – such as bone loss or changes resulting from infection – and showing tiny areas of tooth decay too small to find through regular means, will be among the top most essential assets that dentists at Willow Creek Way will point out when talking to you about the benefits of a dental X-ray.
Ultimately, it has to be said that dental X-rays have been around for a long time, and are completely safe and painless. Moreover, they should already be covered by your insurance and they won’t take a lot of time out of your busy schedule, so the potential benefits and preventive advantages far outweigh any perceived drawbacks.
How Often Should You Get Your X-Rays Done?
So, do you really need X-rays for your teeth before having just about any procedure done? Depending on the procedure, X-rays might be recommended or even strongly encouraged. While it’s not always required for basic teeth cleaning, procedures such as root canal, implants and just about any kind of orthodontic procedure will require dental X-rays. Moreover, if you have a history of a certain disease or problem, X-rays could be required on a far more regular basis.
Ultimately, it has to be asked, are dental X-rays for you? That answer is typically left to your dentist to decide, although the frequency of your dental X-rays should also depend to a great extent on your medical history and the current condition you might be suffering from.
Most dentists will recommend a period of 6 months between standard X-rays, while others will say that, as long as you have no history of gum disease or other major dental problems, you should be all right having them done only once every two years.
We hear a lot about sedation dentistry nowadays, about how it is the best solution to eliminate stress, fear and pain from the dental intervention, making dental treatment accessible even for those suffering from dentist phobia, but many people still wonder what is sedation dentistry, in fact? Here are a few details of this new and ingenious method to make dental treatments more pleasant.
Why Has Sedation Dentistry Been Invented?
Many people neglect their dental appointments not because of financial difficulties, but because they are terrified of dentists. Their fear might be caused by a traumatic experience suffered in the past or by fear from the sound of the equipment used during dental procedures, but whatever the origins of the fear, the emotion is so overpowering that it prevents them from even scheduling a dental appointment.
In sedation dentistry, the intervention is performed on patients who are sedated to a certain extent, which makes the process bearable for the patient and more efficient for the dentist, who can work undisturbed and can accomplish more within a shorter amount of time.
What is Sedation Dentistry in Practice?
If you turn to a Lakewood dental office who performs sedation dentistry, your doctor will probably want to examine your teeth first (without doing any treatment yet, of course) to get a general idea about the condition of your teeth. The following step is the discussion of the necessary treatments and the intensity of the sedation.
You can choose from many different levels of sedation:
- Minimal sedation is usually induced with the help of nitrous oxide, a substance known as laughing gas or by administering pills to induces a state of conscious relaxation and slight dizziness;
- Moderate sedation is usually achieved with oral drugs or with sedative drugs administered via an IV line. This level of sedation may cause mild speaking difficulties and will completely erase any memory of the treatment;
- Deep sedation will take you to the edge of unconsciousness, but will allow the doctor to wake you up easily when the treatment session is over;
- General anaesthesia works the same way as the anaesthesia in the case of any major surgery and is recommended for patients whose teeth are in very bad condition and want to get them all treated as quickly as possible.
Whatever level of sedation you choose, the process starts with the administration of a local anaesthetic in the place where the doctor will work.
The Most Important Benefits of Sedation Dentistry
Comfort and efficiency are the two most important benefits of undergoing dental treatments under sedation. The process is beneficial for the patients because they do not experience fear and discomfort, allowing them not only to undergo complex interventions that they would otherwise reject, but also to use the process as exposure therapy to cure them of their dentist phobia. The method is also beneficial for dentists because it allows them to focus on their work more and to work faster, doing treatments that would otherwise require multiple appointment in one go.
If you still have questions about the process, find a dentist who offers this type of treatment and make an appointment – he or she will be able to provide an even more detailed answer to the question “what is sedation dentistry?”
Many people think that brushing their teeth twice a day is enough for maintaining proper dental hygiene, but proper dental cleaning is not that simple – picking and using the right toothpaste for the brushing is also essential for your oral health, so here are a few tips from a dentist in Highlands Ranch about how to decide on toothpaste.
Look for the Right Ingredients
One of the most important ingredients that you need if you want to maintain the health of your teeth and of your gums is fluoride. The chemical has proven enamel-strengthening qualities and it also helps fight the appearance of cavities as well as the formation of plaque. Using a toothpaste that contains fluoride is of special importance for those who suffer from diabetes because it helps prevent the appearance of inflammation in the oral cavity. To make sure your toothpaste provides sufficient protection, look for a product with a fluoride concentration of at least 1,000 parts per million.
Triclosan is another very important ingredient in toothpastes – the chemical is a potent antibacterial agent that reduces the formation of plaque and thus it helps prevent the inflammations that can lead to inflammations and gum disease.
Children or Adults?
The toothpastes developed for adults are harsher on the enamel on the surface of the teeth than the products created for children, so if you are looking for a paste to be used by your kid, pick a product that is for young users. Children often swallow the toothpaste and most adult toothpastes contain a chemical called sodium lauryl sulfate that is not supposed to be swallowed, therefore the products suitable for kids don’t include the substance in their composition
Think about Your Special Needs
Toothpastes are efficient not only in cavity prevention, but also in the treatment of other dental problems. There are special toothpastes that can help people who suffer from dental sensitivity, while other products are efficient whiteners. If you have sensitive teeth, but you are looking for an efficient way to whiten your teeth, too, use a desensitizing paste, but turn to your dentist in Highlands Ranch for professional stain removal because whitening toothpastes can be too harsh for your sensitive denture.
To find the right product, tell your dentist about the specific problem you are faced with and he or she will tell you about the best way to address the issue, including recommendations about the best toothpaste to use.
Avoid Heavily Flavored or Sweetened Toothpaste
Don’t use toothpastes that contain sugar or have a very strong flavor. Sugar is among the worst enemies of oral health, so make sure the products that you use for cleaning your teeth contain only a minimum amount of sugar or use artificial sweeteners. Heavy flavors are also to be avoided – they might upset your stomach or cause nausea.
With these tips about how to decide on toothpaste, you will surely be able to find the right product – take your time to read the product labels and decide for yourself or turn to your dentist for recommendations, the right toothpaste can make a huge difference for your oral health.
When it comes time to select a senior living environment for your elderly parent, knowing what types of senior living homes are available is an essential requirement to keep track of. This essential detail will help you choose the best home and avoid future issues that could even become fatal, for example, if your parent is not provided with the right level of help or supervision.
Enumerating the Main Types of Senior Living Homes
So what types of senior living Denver homes are available that you should consider? Should you think of opting for a completely independent option? Or maybe assisted living is best in the case of your parent, so that they may retain some of their freedom.
The following options have to be weighed carefully before deciding on any one of them:
- A SNF (Skilled Nursing Facility) is your best choice if your senior parent required skilled and specialized medical care. If they suffer from a debilitating disorder that not only prevents them from taking care of their daily chores, but also from remembering to take their medicine or being able to tackle various treatments and therapies that they need themselves, then this is the most suitable option for them.
- Assisted living is on the other side of the spectrum. It basically involves communities of elders living together in a home complex, where they have suitable, private living facilities, and they are only provided with the amount of help they require.
- Independent living communities are similar to assisted living, with the communities being made up of freestanding homes or condos, and the service providers often offering private duty services to the age-restricted community.
- Finally, a continuous care retirement community uses a campus style property to offer skilled nursing care and therapy to multiple residents. This usually involves the classic retirement home environment, where elders are provided with the maximum amount of care and least amount of freedom.
Choosing the Right Home
Depending on how your elderly parent fares, taking them to an assisted living facility might or might not offer them a suitable amount of care. At the same time, you have to decide whether a continuous care community or a SNF might be best, if they can still fend for themselves quite well, and they would like a greater amount of freedom.
After you weigh all the pros and cons of each option carefully, a concrete balance has to be found between what every one of these options could bring. Also, it’s important to remember that money can be an issue as well, and if you want your elder to get decent, professional care, then the cheapest retirement home you can find simply won’t cut it. Fortunately, many of the medium-priced communities and homes in your area will provide an adequate level of care in most cases.
Ultimately, the best thing you can do for your parent is analyze each option based on what they need and on the solutions that would best suit the measures you can take to help out as well. Knowing what types of senior living Denver homes are available is definitely a great asset when it comes to that.
Our brain changes as we age, and its mode of operation is affected. Mental decline is one of the worst consequences of aging. Although it is common for cognitive processes to degrade, the aging of the brain does not need to be dramatic and can be slowed down.
The human brain did not evolve as a sedimentary rock, with increasingly sophisticated layers that have been added over time. According to neuroscientists, the brain evolves rather like a company: as it expands, it gets reorganized.
There are elderly people who manage to keep their mind almost as sharp as it was during their youth. After the age of 65, you can still see these people reading, having physical activity and even working. This is precisely what maintains their mental connections very much alive.
A study conducted at the Massachusetts Hospital on a group of healthy and active seniors has revealed that what all these people had in common was that they continued to make mental and physical effort, even after they got old.
Brain exercises: Use your imagination
We have access to this powerful brain tool every day – our imagination. If we use it proactively, it can have considerable benefits for our mental state. Exercises that involve imagination include drawing, creating handmade items, or simply using a set of words to tell a story, thus improving the ability of the brain to function. Many nursing homes in Tyler Texas offer opportunities for residents to be creative in their everyday living situation – art classes, puzzles, crafting, and other activities nourish the brain.
Brain exercises: playing chess, rummy or table
Strategy games involve intense intellectual activity and are by far the seniors’ favorite. Practicing them improves the IQ, math skills and perspective thinking. In addition, these brain exercises increase the ability to concentrate in critical situations, which can be really useful when you face difficult situations in life.
The most recommended is the Chess game, which has proven to be very effective in reducing degenerative-neuronal conditions, including the dreaded Alzheimer’s disease.
Brain exercises: Learn a new language
Seniors travel a lot these days and learning a new language is never too late, considering that the process is also beneficial for the brain. You can attempt to learn the new language by yourself or in an organized setting – the last option being great for social interactions.
Brain exercises: Keep exercising!
Exercising is probably the most important activity related to maintaining an active and healthy brain. Among the most important positive side effects, we mention stimulation of blood circulation and metabolism, resulting in lower risk of cardiovascular disease.
People often experience depression and anxiety, and exercising helps very much in this case too. Even a minimum of daily physical effort (a walk, for example) stimulates the release of dopamine, which is the hormone responsible with pleasure. In addition, exercising is an opportunity for social relaxation and a factor responsible with enjoying a deep and relaxing sleep at night, followed by starting a new day in a very good mood.
We believe that if you make some of these exercises daily, you keep your brain more dynamic, which will translate into a more satisfying life. Learn new things, keep your mind open, young and agile and enjoy a more positive daily perspective!
With so many brands and types of toothbrushes available on the market, it is quite difficult to decide which one is good for your child. Most likely, in the end, you will choose one that looks nice and is affordable at the same time, but this will not always be the best choice.
Here is what dentists say about what you should look for when buying a toothbrush for your child.
- For children younger than 2 years, choose a toothbrush with a 15 mm head.
- Most dentists agree that when it comes to children, a soft toothbrush is the best option for removing plaque. A medium or hard toothbrush can affect both gums and dental enamel.
- The most appropriate toothbrush is the one that allows you access to the entire surface of the tooth and also reaches those hard-to-reach areas in the back of the mouth (the molars are more prone to caries precisely because dental brushing doesn`t reach them properly).
- As for the handle type, there is no rule; you can choose what the child likes. Kids will use with more enthusiasm a toothbrush that they think it is cool.
- Ideally, you should allow your dentist to recommend you the most appropriate toothbrush for your child and to show you the correct brushing technique: from the gums to the tip of the teeth, for 3-5 minutes, at least twice a day.
What to choose? Regular or electric toothbrush?
As long as you use the correct brushing technique, you reduce the bacterial plaque and keep your gums healthy, regardless the type of the toothbrush. Electric toothbrushes have become very popular, because they do not require any special technique or dexterity. If you notice that your kid is not very handy with using a regular toothbrush, the electric version can prove to be a real help.
Regardless what type of toothbrush you choose to buy for your child, orthodontist Lakewood specialists say that what matters the most is using it regularly, at least twice a day. Keep in mind that dental brushing removes 65% of oral bacteria, which is significant. The remaining 35% should be removed using dental floss. Besides teeth brushing at home, you should schedule periodic appointments with your dentist, for professional teeth brushing. All these steps in your child`s oral hygiene are very important and will contribute to getting rid of tartar, bacterial plaque and keeping healthy gums.
Dentist’s recommendation: the toothbrush should be replaced regularly with a new one!
A toothbrush is a good environment for bacteria, including the dreaded Escherichia Coli, which causes diarrhea and staphylococci.
The oral cavity is not as clean as we tend to believe either, with over 700 species of bacteria that can be found in the mouth. However, as long as the whole body is healthy, it is defended by immune mechanisms. During periods when immunity is low and illnesses occur, a number of measures should be considered to avoid contamination of the toothbrush.
The toothbrush must be replaced every 3 months with a new one. Furthermore, it must be replaced when your child recovers from an infection in the throat or in the mouth, otherwise the microbes that remain on it may cause re-infection.
Clinical depression, also known as major depression is a debilitating condition that affects as many as 16 million Americans, that is, almost 7 percent of the population over the age of 18. The condition can develop at any age, but according to statistical data, the age group that is the most affected is the group of those slightly older than the age of 30, the median age for the onset being 32.5. Major depression seems to be more prevalent among women than among men, especially among women who go through major hormonal changes, such as pregnancy or menopause or are faced with difficult situations that affect women more deeply, such as the physical changes related to puberty, pregnancy or miscarriage. However, the statistical data that indicate the prevalence of depression among women might be also due the fact that women are more willing to seek medical help when they are depressed than men, who tend to try to cope with the problem on their own.
What is, in fact, Clinical Depression?
Clinical depression is more than feeling sad or desperate for a while – many of us experience despair, hopelessness and anxiety at some points in our life, but clinical depression is a more severe condition that prevents the patient from functioning in day to day life and is also characterized by a loss of interest in the relationships and activities previously considered enjoyable and important. According to experienced therapist Littleton professionals, the condition is characterized by mental, emotional and physical symptoms – here is a list of the signs that might indicate major depression:
- Lack of energy and fatigue that persists all day long, even after a good night’s rest;
- Persistent feelings of worthlessness and guilt;
- Sleeping too much or too little;
- The inability to focus;
- The inability to make quick and sound decisions;
- Persistently diminished interest in activities previously considered enjoyable;
- Weight changes – weight loss or weight gain that is not related to changes in eating habits and that exceeds 5% of the patient’s body weight per month;
- Unexplained physical problems, such as headaches, stomach aches or back pain;
- Thoughts of suicide.
What Causes Clinical Depression?
Clinical depression is a condition that is usually triggered by a major life event, such as the loss of a loved one or of a job, but the onset is usually caused by the co-existence of a number of physical, cognitive and emotional factors as well – here are some:
- Issues related to brain chemistry – mood stability and coping skills are determined by the functioning of certain neurotransmitters in the brain. When the functioning of these neurotransmitters is impaired, the patient starts experiencing mood swings and several cognitive and mental functions can also suffer changes;
- Hormonal problems – a malfunctioning thyroid gland and the body’s hormonal imbalance can also trigger major depression;
- The existence of certain traits, such as low self-esteem, a pessimistic attitude toward life in general, self-deprecation;
- Alcohol abuse and drug abuse;
- Chronic illnesses, such as cancer or chronic pain;
- A family history of anxiety, depression or suicide.
Clinical depression needs to be diagnosed by a medical expert and the best course of treatment must also be determined by the expert – while in some cases, major depression can be efficiently treated with psychotherapy and lifestyle changes, in other cases medication may be the best treatment option, but only a trained professional can decide which path to choose.
Summer season refers to dry skin, dry hair, dehydration, loss of water from the body, spreading of diseases and so on. As the scorching heat of the sun increases, there are chances of cracking up of skin and dehydration. Most cases of sunstroke and skin diseases are also reported during summer time. It is necessary to take good care of yourself from the start before the summer turns out to be too harsh on you. Here are some tips that you can consider for your next summer.
Importance of keeping yourself hydrated.
You would be surprised to know what drinking lots of water can do well to your body. Keep drinking fluids and keep your body hydrated. Drinking ample amounts of water help keep your skin, hair and nails nourished. Consider a plant, what happens if you don’t feed it with sufficient water? Its leaves wear away. Your body is similar to the example of the plant. Low water intake can lead to hair fall. Keep drinking water to check for hair fall and dry skin. One of the major symptoms of loss of water from the body is tiredness and fatigue. Drinking fresh fruit juice keeps you energetic throughout the day. Do not go for synthetic aerated drinks. In the long run, it may take a toll on your health. Eat plenty of fruits such as watermelon, cucumber, papaya, lettuce, grams, etc., that cools down your body. Stick to eating light during summers.
Take good care of your hair and body.
Too much exposure to sunlight can irritate skin, sweatiness, dryness of scalp, chipping away of lips etc. Take care of your body. Wear a protective cream before you go out. Cover your head with a shawl to protect your hair from direct sunlight. To prevent dry scalp, oil your hair well, especially in the summers. Apply Vaseline or any good lip balm to your lips. If possible, choose a good lip balm with high SPF value. Always apply sunscreen before you go out. Choose a good cream with SPF preferably above 35. Cover your legs with stockings or wear full covered shoes to protect your feet from the tan or dry skin. Aloe Vera gel usually works best against dry skin and to cool down your body. Prefer staying indoors during the day. Always carry an umbrella while walking on the road. Choose a dark coloured umbrella as it would absorb more amount of sunlight. Take a bath twice every day. Avoid rough soaps. Try to switch to using natural homemade soaps.
Wear very minimal clothes during summer. Preferably cotton clothes that do not allow the body to sweat too much. Avoid wearing dark colour clothing as they absorb more sunlight.
“A beautiful woman delights the eye; a wise woman, the understanding; a pure one, the soul.”
and Fit !
Copyright © 2018 theniftyplace.com. All rights reserved.